DMV Assists California Wildfire Victims

California wildfire victims who need to replace lost or damaged DMV-related documents can do so free of charge at local DMV field offices.

In 2018, the California Governor’s office issued emergency proclamations authorizing fee and/or penalty waivers for victims of the wildfires in Ventura, Los Angeles, Butte, Lake, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Siskiyou, Riverside, Shasta, Mendocino, Napa, and Mariposa counties, allowing them to replace at no cost the following items if damaged due to the fires: duplicate driver licenses, identification cards, vehicle registration and title, and disabled person parking placards. In addition, fire victims can acquire substitute license plates and stickers, vehicle disposal paperwork, and driver record printouts, as well as process a change of address.

Details on assistance centers for fire victims will be released as information becomes available.

Get, Replace, or Correct a Social Security Card

  1. Gather your documents—Learn what documents you’ll need to get an original, replacement, or corrected Social Security card, whether it’s for a child or adult, U.S. citizen or noncitizen.
  2. Complete your application—Read the instructions for and fill out an application for a new, replacement, or corrected card.
  3. Mail your application—Print your application and find out where to take it in person or mail it.

Apply for a Replacement Social Security Card Online

A new feature on the SSA website allows you to apply for a replacement Social Security card online via your Social Security account.

To apply for a replacement card online, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen age 18 or older with a U.S. mailing address
  • Not be requesting a name change or any other change to your card
  • Have a valid driver’s license or a state-issued identification card

Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Process

United Policyholders is a nonprofit that helps policy holders battling their insurance companies.

Here’s a link with the top ten tips for filing fire insurance.

The Fire Insurance Claims Process: A Step by Step Review

Homeowner’s Insurance Claims Numbers


  • Call 1-800-255-7828 to file and track a home insurance claim over the phone.
  • Use the Allstate Mobile App to start your homeowners claim. Text ALLSTATEAPP to 25788 to get a link to download.


  • Claims Number: 1-800-242-6422.

State Farm

  • 1-800-732-5246, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Use the State Farm mobile app to file a claim, and more. Text MOBILE to 78836 to get a link to the app.


  • Claims Service: 1-800-421-3535.


  • Call our 24/7/365 claims service at 1-800-854-6011.


  • If you have been evacuated, please call Travelers with any questions about the claim process at 1-800-252-4633. This includes receiving advance payments for additional living expenses, such as hotel or temporary housing costs.
  • Travelers has a Mobile Claim Office stationed in California to help assist our customers. Address: Home Depot, 2580 Notre Dame Blvd, Chico, CA 95928.


  • Claims Number: 1-800-332-3226.


  • Progressive Home Advantage, underwritten by select homeowner’s insurance companies, includes home insurance, condo insurance and renters insurance. If you have a Progressive Home Advantage policy, you can quickly report a claim by contacting the Progressive Home Advantage partner listed on your policy:
  • Homesite Insurance Group — 1-866-621-4823
  • IDS/Ameriprise — 1-888-894-3523
  • American Modern — 1-800-543-2644, Option #1
  • ASI — 1-866-274-5677
  • Assurant — 1-800-358-0600
  • First American — 1-866-874-1295
  • Foremost — 1-800-527-3907
  • Occidental/SageSure — 1-800-780-8423
  • QBE — 1-800-822-2997
  • Tower Group — Call 1-877-365-8693
  • All Risks, Ltd. — 1-855-344-1040


  • Claims Number – 210-531-8722

Web Statistics