Hurt in a Car Accident?
A San Francisco Car Accident Attorney Helps Victims Receive Fair Treatment
Unfortunately, car accidents in California becoming more common. In fact, accidents in the Bay Area have risen by 43 percent from 2010 to 2016, according to Vital Signs. To help prevent needless car crashes, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides detailed guidelines for motorist safety. These guidelines help keep our roads and people safe. However, not every party follows the rules and their negligence can result in serious injury to innocent people. Worse, if you are involved in an accident, it can be difficult to financially recover. After all, insurance companies will offer a settlement that protects their company’s best interests. You need a San Francisco car accident attorney who can investigate your accident and help you pursue compensation.
The Bay Area personal injury lawyers at Mary Alexander & Associates, P.C. have been helping victims for over 3 decades. Our firm has helped our clients reach verdicts and settlements in millions of dollars. We have developed reliable and successful legal strategies drawn out of our years of experience. Ultimately, our firm’s goal is to scrutinize details to communicate the facts that support your claim. No matter how complicated your accident seems, we can help.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
A good San Francisco car accident law firm will work with a team of professionals to help you pursue compensation. At Mary Alexander & Associates, P.C. our lawyers have been litigating automobile accident cases for more than a quarter of a century. We’ve gone up against manufacturers, insurance companies and negligent drivers. For this reason, we have built a reputation for aggressive advocacy and a record of wins. Our San Francisco car accident law firm has helped clients rebuild their lives by holding responsible parties accountable. Some damages that our attorneys can help you recover include:
- Lost Wages: Unfortunately, it can be difficult to return to work after your car accident. Thus, you can easily lose out on wages and benefits. Fortunately, a Bay Area car accident attorney can argue and uphold the extensiveness of your injuries that can help you recover past, present and future lost wages and benefits.
- Medical Treatment: Physical therapy, medications, emergency room visits and other provider costs can get expensive. Our San Francisco car accident attorney can fight for your current and future costs.
- Pain and Suffering: A car accident can do more than physical pain. You may also feel emotional pain or post-traumatic stress. Our firm can hold the negligent parties accountable through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Damage to Property: Odds are your car accident likely caused damage to your vehicle and other property. A good Bay Area lawyer will fight for your vehicle to be replaced or repaired. Furthermore, an attorney will defend you if your accident damaged another person’s property.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
You should contact a California car accident injury lawyer immediately after receiving medical treatment after an accident. Over time, witnesses, evidence and reports can disappear. Thus, the sooner you act, the better chances you have to locate evidence that supports your claim. Additionally, you may receive an offer from an insurance company after your accident. It might be tempting to take this initial offer. However, these settlements are usually not fair. Furthermore, one overlooked detail could make a big difference in the outcome of your claim. From a simple fender bender to public transportation accidents, our firm can help. Some common accidents our San Francisco car accident attorney handles involve:
- Drunk Driving: Not only is drunk driving against the law, but it is also preventable. Our Bay Area personal injury attorneys can help determine if you have been a victim of an impaired driver.
- Distracted Driving: Cell phone use, fiddling with the radio and eating while driving are common distracted driving examples. If you believe a driver’s phone use contributed to your accident, they may be negligent. Our firm obtained a $45 million verdict for a San Mateo woman who became a paraplegic when another driver ran a red light and struck her car.
- Highway Collisions: Car accidents that occur on highways are often serious affairs, involving traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries and even wrongful death. We have handled claims involving accidents on Interstate 280, Interstate 80, highway 101 and other high-speed collisions.
Contact a Dedicated San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer About Your Case
Were you or someone close to you seriously injured in a car accident? Are the insurance companies involved offering you a settlement that you believe is unfair? Without a legal professional, you face compounding bills, lost wages from time off work and other difficult issues. Do not let the negligence of another motorist change the course of the rest of your life. Contact a Bay Area personal injury lawyer that has a reputation for success who can protect your best interests.
At Mary Alexander & Associates, P.C., we provide vigorous, results-oriented representation in cases involving serious car wrecks. We have experience investigating accidents and documenting negligence. Our attorneys are skilled trial advocates with a record of success in challenging cases. Ultimately, we are committed to obtaining the best possible result for every client. Do not settle by taking the path of least resistance — make sure you are protected. Call us at (415) 433-4440 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.